Sunday, January 1, 2012

To begin...

You may be wondering why I named this blog Red Glasses & Cake. Well it was the first 2 things I thought of when trying to describe myself, and what I love. Life should never be boring, and for me that starts with color! I love bright hues and can go a bit over board when it comes to paint etc! I LOVE wearing red glasses b/c everyone I meet knows I can't be too boring, right off the bat. I went to a trade school for bakery and pastry arts so the CAKE part is a no brainer. I love to bake and am trying to fall in love with cooking. It's a slow process but I'm getting there...one spoonful at a time. I find the more organized I am, the more I enjoy it!

A little bit about me: 
* I never go to bed with dirty dishes in my sink if I can help it. I believe in rinsing everything...ALWAYS!
* I love making 'to do' lists but seem to never cross everything off before starting a new one. 
*I believe in having friends over NO MATTER what my house looks like. It might be a mess but I love having lots of people around so I try to not worry about the disaster and just enjoy their company. LIfe is way too short to be as picky as I am in my head.
* I hate worrying about punctuation so if it bothers you...maybe you should stop reading this blog right now.
* Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world...if you disagree come on over and give it a try for...a week! I'll pencil you in. (0:
*I have 2 kids who keep me on my toes and sleep deprived most of the time. (Annelise 23mo & Russell 2mo) They light up my life and make me laugh everyday, but sometimes it's hard to not have an outlet for me.... hence this blog!
*I have a husband who is a wonderful provider and dad, of which I am very thankful for!
*My mother is practically Martha Stewart and amazes me on a daily basis. I hope to someday have her insane ability to have a very organized life and patience that seems to be larger than the moon. She finally lives only 30 min away and I love how much fun we have together. She's who I want to be like.
*Luckily I have amazing friends and more support than anyone deserves or could even need!

I'm not sure how I ended up with such a great life but the same time it seems overwhelming and hard a lot of the time. This blog is an open book into my world. 

As for 2012 and my plans...
I honestly don't see the point in having HUGE goals that I will never accomplish. I already know it's going to be a good year b/c I like my life and don't have unrealistic expectations. 

So far I've done 2 loads of laundry, given my kitchen a mini makeover (cleaned off the counters etc), and started a blog...all before 7am. 

>>It is now almost 10:30pm. I had to go nurse Russell and never ended up finding my way back on here until now. 

Today I found, printed, and organized my first 'cooking day' of 2012 with my friend Sarah. I'm looking forward to stocking up on some yummy meals and starting the year off right. I'll post recipes if they are any good. I'm pretty picky but they sound amazing reading the ingredients list.

It has been a very long first day of the year and I'm more than exhausted. Heading to bed looking forward to a new day tomorrow with my hubby home! 

Annelise learned to say "Daddy" yesterday instead of "Dada"...and today she started saying "Baby" instead of "DeeDee". We're making progress folks...my mini me is mimicking like crazy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment